Poetic Illustrations on YouTube

Poetic Illustrations on YouTube
Poetic Illustrations on YouTube

Read it while its HOT!


Okay, I have to admit the title is a bit cheesy.  Jen is usually much better with the nice catchy titles.  I digress.  Two weeks ago, we took a survey on our Facebook page to see how many individuals had a bottle of the sriracha sauce in their kitchen as daily condiment use.   The polls showed that about 54% of the voters DO have the sauce.  I personally have two bottles.  Not for me, for my son.  He LOVES it.  In my family, spice is all so good and nice.  We love anything that will tingle and make our taste buds dance.  So of course sriracha is on the list.  The history behind the sauce is pretty darn amazing.  I will not go into the details of it all but encourage you to look up the man behind the Rooster.  

His name is David Tran. David is a first generation immigrant to the United States from Vietnam.  He is Chinese/Vietnamese, with a military background.  He was a refugee when he came to America after the Vietnam War.  When he started to venture into making this amazing sauce, he started selling it in recycled glass baby food jars.  From company has grown into a multi-million dollar company called Huy Fong Foods. It is based in California, and uses ingredients grown by local farmers within the state.  I know personally, I enjoyed writing the poem for Tran, given that it's one of our favorite condiments.  


"sure, I'll be happy to  
describe who I am." 

with a Green hat on 
Rooster on my shirt 
with bright red 
to capture the eye 

What to read the rest?  Just wait...and you will be able to enjoy the entire poem with the illustration by Jen.  He has an amazing adventurous story to tell.  But don't we all?  His story ends with a kick in the taste-buds!  (again, too cheesy for an ending?)


Clip of Tran discussing his immigration process from Vietnam to United States







No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramadan: More than just fasting

Picture source:  https://indianexpress.com/article/lifestyle/life-style/happy-ramadan-2019-ramzan-mubarak-wishes-images-quotes-status-wallp...